Sorry this one came out so late! There was a HUGE update for Veterans Benefits recipients (go to the 14:03 mark) that came out from Treasury right in the middle of me making this video, so I redid that portion of the video so our veterans get the most up-to-date information! Veterans, go to 14:03 in this video for that update and thank you for your service!
In this episode I give you the latest stimulus update as of April 17, 2020. In this video I talk about:
– the “Payment Status Not Available” message on the IRS Get My Payment tool
– why the IRS is so horrible right now
– what to do if your spouse owes child support
– when Social Security recipients should expect to receive their stimulus payment
– what to know if your child will turn 17 in 2020
– if your stimulus payment will be reduced if you owe taxes to the IRS
– what SSI recipients need to know about their stimulus payment
– what to know if you closed your bank account that you got your refund deposited to
– whether or not the IRS will use your payment information if you owed the IRS on your tax return
– what to know if you had a child in 2020
– what to know about adults you could claim as a dependent in 2019 but not in 2020
– what Veterans Benefits recipients need to know about their stimulus payment
The stimulus I am referring to is the CARES Act that was signed into law on March 27, 2020.
The information I am sharing is current as of the morning of April 17, 2020.
However, the government is changing its mind on the stimulus on an almost daily basis, so any information stated in this video may change tomorrow.