In this video I give you the latest stimulus update as of April 16, 2020. In this video I talk about:
– why dead people are getting stimulus payments
– an update from the IRS on the (very frustrating) IRS Get My Payment Tool
– the customers who think their stimulus payment was deposited to their tax preparer's account
– why banks are holding on to some people's stimulus payment
– the proposed $2,000 per month stimulus payment
– Governor Newsom's plan to give stimulus checks to illegal immigrants in California
The stimulus I am referring to is the CARES Act that was signed into law on March 27, 2020.
The information I am sharing is current as of the morning of April 16, 2020.
However, the government is changing its mind on the stimulus on an almost daily basis, so any information stated in this video may change tomorrow.