In this video I give you the latest stimulus update as of April 13, 2020. In this video I talk about:
– why everyone in the House of Representatives from New Jersey believe that the stimulus is unfair
– what the issue is with the stimulus and Direct Express cardholders right now
– what to do if you want to extend your tax return deadline to October 15
– what the situation is with TurboTax, Serve Cards, Green Dot, and other cards
– where you can find somebody to talk to about what you're experiencing right now
I also give you an opportunity to ask me your stimulus questions in the comments below since I will be sticking around for an hour after this video publishes to answer your questions.
The stimulus I am referring to is the CARES Act that was signed into law on March 27, 2020.The information I am sharing is current as of the morning of April 13, 2020.
However, the government is changing its mind on the stimulus on an almost daily basis, so any information stated in this video may change tomorrow.
Links I Mention:
Letter from New Jersey CongressPeople to Speaker Pelosi and Minority Leader McCarthy: https://gottheimer.house.gov/uploadedfiles/letter_to_leadership_re_cares_act_2.0_col_adjustments_2020-04-09.pdf
Direct Express Homepage: https://www.usdirectexpress.com/
IRS Information on Tax Deadlines: https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/filing-and-payment-deadlines-questions-and-answers
Where You Can File Your Tax Extension Online: https://www.irs.gov/filing/free-file-everyone-can-file-an-extension-for-free
Crisis Text Line: https://www.crisistextline.org/