In this video I give you the latest stimulus update as of April 11, 2020. In this video I:
– talk about what to make of those who claim to have already received their stimulus checks
– go over the IRS portal for non-filers as well as the anticipated Get My Payment tool
– discuss private debt collectors and the stimulus
– talk about what we know so far about those who received their last tax refund on their H&R Block Emerald Card or TurboTax Card
– give some minor updates regarding Social Security recipients and the stimulus, and
– give an update on 1031 exchange deadlines.
I also give you an opportunity to ask me your stimulus questions in the comments below since I will be sticking around for an hour after this video publishes to answer your questions.
The stimulus I am referring to is the CARES Act that was signed into law on March 27, 2020.The information I am sharing is current as of the morning of April 11, 2020.
However, the government is changing its mind on the stimulus on an almost daily basis, so any information stated in this video may change tomorrow.
Links I Mention:
Chime Blog Post: https://www.chime.com/blog/getting-americans-faster-access-to-covid-19-stimulus-payments/
IRS Portal for Non-Filers: https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/non-filers-enter-payment-info-here
Additional Treasury Guidance on Get My Payment Tool: https://home.treasury.gov/news/press-releases/sm972
H&R Block Emerald Card Update: https://www.hrblock.com/tax-center/filing/credits/stimulus-payment-information/
SSA Commissioner Saul's Blog Post: https://blog.ssa.gov/new-guidance-about-covid-19-economic-impact-payments/